Saturday 10 March 2012

.....Upcycled tweed jacket number 2....

......Yes its upcycle time again, ..and i managed to bag me a bargain at 'Jack Wills', a rather posh and also 'rAtHer' over expensive clothing establishment,.. but all very British all the same.......so my bargain was one of there rather nifty tweed jackets that i have been lusting over for some time but really never could justify handing over nearly three hundred pounds of my hard earned cash to get one..........but there i was rummaging through the sale bit....and there it was, a lovely real wool tweed jacket for a fraction of the price.........(in fact..i only paid sixty pound for it)......so i grabbed it quickly, ran to the till and paid for it pronto.............anyway.............as much as i love my new bargain jacket it just felt like it needed a bit of waking up....a bit of jollity and colour.......................................................so of course, i gave it the pixie treatment..............................

..................................................................TAHH DAHHHH...............................................................




.......In fact, i popped round to see if Charles Dickens might be in to see if he may want to use my jacket in one of his rather marvellous books.....but there was no one in !



.......Materials used....vintage buttons...ceramic handmade buttons.....some scraps of velvet.....and another scrap of material from an old bag........cheap cheap cheap......

................Oooooooh, i do love a bit of upcycle.........
.....Love and hugs Pixie.....
x


11 comments:

  1. pixie you have such a lovely styly- you look beautiful and that pink floral dress underneath- oh soooo pretty...you're so talented always enjoy your upcycles and creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with your upcycled creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you I'd be totally jealous - and I wasn't wrong!! I LOVE IT! It was a gorgeous jacket to start with but now it's fantastic. Well done hon. I am still keeping my eyes open at my op shops for a nice old jacket that I can 'do a Pixie' with!! Have a fab week clever lady. I'm off to my local fair today - hopefully there will be some gorgeous craft work to oooh and aaah over. All the small folk are interested in is the candy floss and lollies.
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful as always Pixie! I never have a decent "is it cold enough for a coat?" jacket, so I'm very jealous!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love all the buttons and embellishments and the fact that you didn't have to break the bank to be fashionista!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous,...love the mixed matched patches, looks very lovely on you xx
    I LOVE your dress in the first photo soooo pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get a lovely warm feeling when I visit your blog because it captures the essence of the world of crafts so beautifully. Your jacket is REALLY lovely. Clever,clever you.

    Have a beautiful, inspiring week.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo I love the way you use odd buttons on these :-) Very nifty!

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! How marvellous is that!!! Clever, clever girl, I'm in awe :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you were very brave upcycling a brand new jacket. Good on you, it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete