Thursday 29 September 2011

....Knitted veggies....

.....Before i begin, i want to say a 'warm nook welcome' to new followers of the 'nook', i am always quite amazed when new lovely people want to follow my ramblings and my waffling about not very much, so hello and welcome to you all.....

..... Today i have a new book........a yummy yummy new book...........oh the joy and heart flutterings i get from something so simple as a new crafty book...........this one only cost me 98p at Amazon..........i do love a bargain.......................anyway.....its this.................................



......how excited am i.......



.......love this knitted leek.....

.....now, i can see some knitted pumpkins gracing my mantle piece this Halloween.....
....and just look at this wonderful Artichoke.....



......Some quickity quick knitted carrots, done on the lethal 'double pointed kneedles'.....don't get me wrong, i actually do love using the spears of pain i just always seem to either stab myself in the face with them or manage to make a hole in my clothing.......but on the whole, even after the pain they are really good to use........

....i even knitted the roots.........just to make em a bit more carroty......


..............and then there's this...........

....now.....maybe i am showing you this a bit too soon as i have never used  circular knitting needles before....so all could go horribly wrong with this.....but so far so good.............so i shall tell you more about this at the weekend.......and hopefully some photos of our 'food festival' that starts tomorrow.....

.....so for now, have a lovely evening everyone and see you all at weekend.....
Pixie
x




7 comments:

  1. That book series is great I have the 20 ways with bunting and it's a great little book. Love the knitted veg great for your food festival or harvest festival's or for teaching little one's about different veggie's.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. New crafty books are always fabulous! I was bad and got three this week, lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those knitted veggies are sooooo lovely. Great inspiration!!!
    xxx Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you are making me want to learn how to knit! YES I don't know how, beyond a basic stitch and casting on/off. I do like a book bargin too. This one opens up a little world of wooly warm veggies, how cute is that. Finding new bloggie friends is fun isn't it!

    HUGS and Warm Veggie wishes.

    Lorraine :-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love them!!!!! I particularly love the carrots.. I can't wait to see what you make.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn you dear lady ;-) Now I want to buy that delicious looking knitting book too! You are very convincing. There is something about knitted vegetables...

    What a lovely blog. Good luck with the circular needles which are really not harder than normal ones once you have joined correctly ...

    ReplyDelete