Saturday 21 September 2013

....Too excited to wait....

.....just had to share this with you all now.....

.....a book that i pre-ordered way way back in April, is now out in the shops and my copy turned up today......OMG you have no idea how happy i am, i think i grinned from ear to ear when i tore open the packet.....



 
....i am just going to be knitting non stop....

....Stephanie Dosen is my most favourite knitty designer, every time a new pattern comes out i buy it straight away.....

....oh wow, this scarf is to die for....
 

 


 
......there are even FAIRY WINGS.....yaaaaaay.....

 

 
....i cant wait to get started, but i shall be good, i shall finish my cardigan first, which i am currently knitting the second sleeve, so not much further now.....i just have the trickiest bit left to do and that's to put the whole thing together...........gulp!......
 
 
.....and i think seeing as i am so excited today, i shall share with you a little knit that i did back in the early summer......
 
 
......
 

.....some winter wristies with duplicate stitched Robin and nest....
 


 


 
....these are super easy to do, there isn't any shaping just rib at the start then knit the rest in stocking stitch then rib at the end, then all you need to do is when you stitch up the side leave a gap for your thumbs.........easy peasy squeezy......if you would like a more in depth explanation on how to make these just drop me a line and i will email you back with the details.....
.....the little Robin and nest pattern is a Tiny owl knits design, though i have changed it slightly....
 
 
......huggy hugs Pixie.....
x
ps.....Stephanie's blog is Tiny owl knits if you want to go see....
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. What an exciting book - I have just progressed to knitting scarf type lengths and am not ready for anything ambitious yet, but am watching on the sidelines with envy - your knitty mits are delightful - I have seen the pattern at Tiny Owl's, she does lovely stuff. What a lovely post today thanks for sharing. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me, oh my, I want that book - those wings! Am adding it to the birthday wish list! Loving the wristwarmers too - we would love the details georginatranter@hotmail.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, it seems to make sense though adding the motif may be a challenge!!!! Will let you know how I get on! X

      Delete
  3. That book looks just gorgeous, and your wristlets are adorable. And wristlets are just about my knitting limit. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!
    The wings are to die for - will you be wearing them? I can totally see it fits your vibe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous book, I look forward to seeing your knits. My favourite book of the moment is etc etc by Sibella Court, it is really inspirational. Jaynex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wristies!! How sweet. I could imagine a smile every time you pulled them on : -)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loove to see your knits :) always
    My dear friend I´m making a giveaway join in and make me a visit ...
    Hugs
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, they look great and i bet they're nice and warm x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chunky scarf is wonderful, and this book; its worth learning to knit just to be able to make something, anything from it~
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete