Friday 28 March 2014

....A history of me at the nook..... yes i am shy....never was very good at having my picture taken....

....me.......well nearly me....
 
....crocheted blankets, and upcycled petticoats, this is me through and through....
 
  ....flipperty flopperty flowers, remember these....

....me....
 
....yes this is me....i was 12....i used to sit for a photographer quite often when i was a kid, all sepia Victorian type photos, i think this was 1978, hard to believe it was taken in a tractor shed at a golf course, it was the middle of summer and that original dress was bloomin hot to wear..........and before you ask, no, i wasnt asleep..........just bored.....

...this picture of me in my finished shawl has been repinned on Pinterest 70 times, i cant believe it....

....another finished scarf...i loved knitting this, 'ships and sails' by Tiny owl knits...

....a selfie...

...ahh yes...the 'black berry pickers' hat...a good hat for spying on fairies...

....an altered garment...'who in the world am i'....i wore this all summer last year...

....hairs getting longer....i still cant remember why on earth i cut off in the first place....

....i never have liked my picture being taken....i would rather blend in with the trees....

....buns...

....the 'camp fire' cardigan....love it....

....yes, those boots that i had so many emails about, i bought these in Paris several years ago, there by 'Camper', i think you can still get them, probably somewhere on the Internet...they are super comfy...
...and off course the 'mad hatter watch brooches', and more on the way...
 
....here's a little group shot...

 
....i have nearly finished a wall clock in fabric and wood, i shall post it up very soon,   tomorrow Mr P and i are off to London to see the 'Viking' exhibition at the British museum....
 
....i do love a viking...
 
...x...
 
 
 
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Lovely to 'see' you. Hope you have a wonderful time in London. I was thinking of taking my sons to the Viking exhibition in the Easter hols. Hope you enjoy it. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I have run across your shawl a few times on Pinterest that's for sure. Have fun in London. I've seen a Mummy exhibit, but a Viking exhibit sounds much more romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little retrospective here, you have made such lovely things, I can see a definite personality through all your makes, very you! (even though I only know you through your blog!)
    Enjoy the exhibition, I too love a viking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style, enjoy the exhibition... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look utterly lovely, I don't often comment here but you have a wonderful little space here....I shall try and say hi more often! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post, so nice to have a peek at you and your history, for those of us who are relatively new to your blog...I find your creativity so inspiring! And where can I find petticoats to upcycle? They are definitely my cup of tea...Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo! I spy you! Left you an email Pixie Pix x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm tempted to put all the pictures together and make a 'photofit'! Great post x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore all of your 'shy' portraits. Lovely little glimpses into your essence. I'm shy too. Those boots are to die for! And, you have an eye for artistry in how you display your home and yourself. The 12 year old photograph is wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I just love your unique style, and love that portrait of you with the tree. I too am extremely shy and it wasn't until just recently I decided not to be fearful of taking photos of myself and I put up a profile picture on my blog!
    Have a fantastic weekend!
    Kate :}

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely post Pixie. My favourite image is of your blanket in your hand and your dress and shoes. I feel like I have seen a picture of you now. I love your style it is so lovely just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing that post you lovely person hxhx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well as far as your pictures show, you look beautiful. And from reading your blog for a while now, I know that you are beautiful on the inside too. It's lovely to see all these pics together as it really gives a great us a great peak to see who it is behind the blog. Looking forward to more.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bellissime foto, con dettagli originali che dipingono un quadro di te molto particolare! Tutto ciò che hai mostrato mi piace!!!
    Patri

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think you have such a beautiful handmade style x i love all your makes. its funny i cut my hair last summer and thought minutes afterwards 'why did i do that?'. I havent trimmed it since and luckily my hair grows so its almost at the length i like again. My daughter has beautiful hair~ i wish it was like hers. I adore your jacket with all the clock faces ;0)x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope that the exhibition is/was good. I don't like having my photo taken, so I can understand your feelings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great pictures. You are very pretty from what I can see!! Your blanket has inspired me on the one I am currently making. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. a gorgeous pixie~i love seeing the little glimpses of the person. i am horribly shy too and rarely post photos of myself and feel uncomfortable seeing the random photos friends post of photos taken when i don't know it (although these always seem better than posed ones!).
    i hope to go the exhibition too~my greatx3 grandfather had an old norse surname so i am quite excited by that :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. a lovely, sweet post...beautiful. Thank you sharing :) xo
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. whoops...forgot the word "for" sharing...lol!

    ReplyDelete