Sunday 5 June 2011

....just things....

....nothing very exciting to share with you all today, just some random things from the weekend....

....so, thing number one....

eclectic gipsyland, etsy
....definitely gonna have to have a go at making one of these....


...thing number two...


....naughty squirrel in the rubbish bin in the park, clearly up to no good....
....here's another one i got of him about to take a lunge at the bin...


....thing number three...


....Grandparent duties for the afternoon, drawing round our hands and colouring, this was after the trip to the beach, getting sand in all the wrong places followed by a trip to the park to whizz down the slide (including ninny)and trying not to get wedged at the top, then back home for colouring....

....and thing number four...
....remember this...




....its now looking like this...
...a bit bigger...



....i think i have decided after a lot (and i mean a lot) of pondering on what to do with this, that its best that i keep it to something simple, like a shawl, you can't really go wrong with a shawl can you, and actually, after draping it of my shoulder and looking at it in various posses in front of the mirror it did look quite good, just need some extra hours in a day to get all this crafting stuff finished....

....i have one or two other interesting things that i have been working on to show you but that's for another day, i hope you have all had a lovely weekend too and hopefully in my next post i shall be able to show you my latest venture, (i really must try and finish all the other things that i start first, but you know what its like, i just keep finding things that i want to make)....
....Anyhoo, bye bye for now Pixie xx


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I have so many Works in Progress, I keep finding ones I forgot I had LOL
    I think that shawl is going to be lovely. Will it wrap around the front with a big button? Theres a felted one in a shop window here in Glastonbury and it looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your email my lovely. The shop you would LOVE is Haruka in Glastonbury.
    Really feminine clothes, layers, lace, felted, little short jackets and big broaches- just yummee.
    They are still building their website, but you can join their email list.
    They had a felted wrap with big felted button. It was a bit like a cabbage leaf, but perfect for a "pixie" I thought :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that bag is so cute - what a cool thing to make. The shawl is a great idea - I can just picture it fabulously draped around your shoulders! Can't wait to hear about your new project hon. Have a fab week. I am just off to a gorgeous chintzy cafe with Miss 4 and friends for morning tea. It's freezing here so a nice cup of tea and a scone is just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes.... turn that wonderful crochet into a shawl. It will be very light and lacy. I also have projects to finish (if ever). I have a partially built triloom that still needs holes drilled. You can weave a shawl on these.... I don't know how to do it, but have seen on-line tutorials. Are you familiar with these? Also, I adore your crocheted circles. What to you call those? I may give that a try for next crochet project.
    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is with great excitement that I can post comments on blogs again... so I rushed over to yours first!!!!

    I love your squirrel pictures.. I plan to put a squirrel in one of my next paintings... and your pictures are great!

    And yes.. make a crotchet bag.. It'll be GLORIOUS!!!! x

    ReplyDelete