Sunday 1 April 2012

.....Dont you just hate it when that happens.........

.....Yep ! !.....don't you just.........

.....I have been looking forward to going to the **Selvedge spring fair***,,for weeks,,,to go and see all those marvellously talented crafters and hopefully bring back some goodies and take some piccies for you to see...............................but did i get  there............................( in a very angry voice )..''NO......I .....DIDN'T''....Grrrrrrr


.....Why,, because instead of waking up feeling the joys of spring and raring to go.......i woke up with a bloody migraine from hell................so ended up being stuck in doors all day...AHHHHHHH.

.....So yes....'' Don't you just hate it when that happens''??
....i shall now have to wait till the 'Autumn' fair comes round.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrr


............Anyway,,,,that's enough of me ranting,,,,,,,so i shall end this brief post with a couple of pictures of a project that Mr Pixie and I finished of today..........................

.........But firstly, before i show you, i have to say, that generally i don't like to paint over wood.......wood is a beautiful thing, and i think it should just be as it should be...' wood ', but in my little nook, there is a lot of it ,  'wood',,,which is lovely,,, but i felt that maybe giving one piece of furniture a bit of a boost wouldn't be so bad.............................................


..........So ..... the before picture.......................





.......and the after picture........


......i am very happy with it.......like i say, i love wood, but this has lifted the room a lot and given it a lovely new fresh feel......



......Have a good week everyone and see you all soon.....
....Pixie...
x

**P.S**  Just a reminder that i shall be doing the ' flopperty flower ' giveaway draw on Friday,, so if you fancy having a go at winning just drop me a comment on the flopperty flower post. x

10 comments:

  1. great name "selvedge fair"!
    sorry you had a migraine, poor you. I used to get them a lot until I had my neck fixed by a chiropractor.
    Your settle looks great, yes I know what you mean about having too much wood, it can start looking like a log cabin. You did a lovely job, the cushion sets it off really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh you poor thing! I hope that rotten migraine buzzed off quickly! I LOVE your chair/bench and LOVE your room and wonderful beam and decor. Well done for such a fab makeover. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry, it is horrid when you are looking forward to it xx and there is no defeating a migraine is there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have suffered from migraines for ages and I know how awful it is when you want to do something but it doesn't let you. Your furniture looks lovely and so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poop about your migraine ... I would have loved to see photos from the Selvedge Fair!!!! ; -) Your bench seat looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey that is rotten timing! Nothing worse than a stinky old migraine - they always seem to come along precisely when you have other exciting plans. I sympathise completely as this is the exact reason I had my wee blog absence recently. Boy migraines can really knock you can't they? And having to still care for two very noisy children at the same time was horrible. I hope you're feeling better now.

    I absolutely adored your lovely seat in the before pic but I am completely and utterly in love with it in your after pic! It's stunning. I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can show him, because like you we have lots of wooden furniture and I keep suggesting we need to paint the odd piece to lighten the room a bit. He won't be able to disagree once he sees your post - so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

    Have a fabulous week gorgeous girl.
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I am so hopeless at getting around to things like furniture restoration and I have a husband who complains that once you paint a piece once you'll keep needing to redo it so who resists even trying. I blame him for the silly amount we've spent on new furniture over the years, he just does not get the value of 'old' and 'done up'. Maybe this can convince him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely! Especially with the colours on top of it. I love the cushion with hearts on. What a pain about your migraine though >:[ Fingers crossed for the autumn fair!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling much better now - these things always seem to happen when something special is on. Love the shape of the bench and it's very nice painted with that beautiful crochet over the back. Karen X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling better! love the bench!

    ReplyDelete