Sunday 12 August 2012

......Peri-Menopausal meltdown.....

.....Generally i have things in the hormone department fairly under control,, not too much in the overheating department to talk about,, yes i have my moments,,, that sudden fanning of the hand over the face and lots of puffing (like that helps ), and a lot of fidgeting in the seat, and letting out steam at my collar from an over perspiring body,,then followed by the usual   ''Are you having a hot flush dear'',   from a concerned looking mr P........so yes generally things are not too bad ,,(yet),, however today i had a meltdown,   i am just glad i was at home.....poor Mr P,,, hats of to him though for quickly grabbing the nearest thing to him to use as a fan.......the Sunday times supplement....

.....All the combinations of the effects of my migraine medication, lack of food, so my blood sugars where on the floor, and a hot flush all at the same time.........well,, i passed out at the table.......quite literally fainted where i was sitting....everything went very strange indeed,,,when i came round i was drenched in sweat and didnt know what day it was...........it frightened me that much that i stayed indoors for the rest of the day...........feeling decidedly sorry for myself ..............


......Oh the joys of being female......
x

12 comments:

  1. Oh bless you, I hope you are feeling much better now!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister. I almost passed out in the market once, only my pride kept me standing. Since having my hysterectomy in April, I am now on an estrogen patch, which I will fight to the death if anyone tries to take from me. You will start to notice that certain things might set you off. For me it was wine and too much sugar. Hang in there : ) It's great on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I'm definitely coming back as a man, as long as he hasn't got a menopausal woman to look after! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, do I understand. My face got red and blotchy just from talking on the phone yesterday! But I feel most strange about the hold on my emotions, which has always been pretty solid. I can't seem to hold things in quite as well. And like Lynne I can't seem to tolerate sugar as well. Eating well has helped so much. Green veggies, salads, tomatoes, and I have this new craving for red bell peppers and watermelon!
    Your electrolytes might have been low, maybe if you ate more things, like celery sticks and a cracker it would stave off the lightheadedness. I have a friend that was getting debilitating migranes and they found it was all due to a lack of hormones, she began taking them and it really helped her headaches.

    Thinking of you and wishing you well
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an emotional time lately so not be be unexpected. And you are not alone.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Julie said, you are not alone. More vegetarian helps me and staying away from too
    much sugar and heavy protein and grains.
    Try to do something nice for you. Maybe a cup of tea and quiet stitching. That always
    helps cheer me : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been there, but it will be better. I remember the hot flushes, especially while having an important meeting, or speaking with patients. Take good care, and try many things to see what's best for you.
    groetjes, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. I bet the weather been quite warm doesn't help, does it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take care. That would have given you quite a scare. I'm resisting making the third line rhyme : -)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The joys of getting older, I can't tell you what the doctor gave me a prescription for today (menopausal related!!!). It is so hard at times, low blood sugar is something I suffer from so carry biscuits in my bag on my travels. You take care of yourself, it is very early days and you will have such mixed emotions. I have a sandalwood old fashioned fan which helps too jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my dear i am with you here.
    i was launched into an instant menopause following a small operation a few years ago and the last few days i seem to have been having a constant 'power surge' i have been mopping my brow, huffing and puffing and taking a fan from room to room!
    actually i find it very miserable and when out and being told by swampy that 'you have gone very red' makes it worse and i become very self-concious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Pixie! All the above advice is very good. I think that staying away from caffeine is EXTREMELY helpful. Also sugar. Yoga seems to help a lot. Extra stress in your life can also be a culprit. Much of this you can't control, but it sounds as though Mr. P is very good about seeing the signs and taking good care of you!

    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete