Wednesday 18 January 2012

.....The slumps.....

....As you all know i have been having an extreme attack of the slumps...so today i decided as i had got the afternoon of work (and the rest of the week for that matter due to  Mr Pixie having an operation  and needing me to make numerous mugs of tea and fluff pillows etc etc), i decided that i would give my little work room a bit of a going over,...it is, i have to say, in a horrendous mess, and i was wondering if this horrendous mess was adding to my slumpy feeling, so after filling various bags marked with 'charity shop', 'attic', and 'rubbish' the room still looks as messy as it did before.........how is that?.........oh well.....
anyway.....on standing back and viewing the messy room i realised that i had got without even noticing it,.....another collection, (you know how i like to collect things)....(especially magazines, bags, and suchlike),....i realised that i had got an amazing amount of.....well these...............................................

.....business cards........i have collected absolutely loads, and never actually realised it........i have, without me even thinking, been sticking them up all along my shelves and on bits of wall in my workroom without even realising i was doing it......................till now !!

......Loads and loads of little bits of artwork.......................everywhere.?!

.....obviously I'm not going to load all of them on here, it would probably take me hours and even more probable bore you all to tears........but fancy that,...a collection that i didn't realise i had till now.............lots of little bits of artwork in there own right.............

.....Anybody else out there have an unusual collection that they didn't think was a collection but actually it is !.........funny the things we hoard, isn't it.

.....x x x Pixie x x x.....



8 comments:

  1. ahh, I have a similar collection! I love collecting cards from artists/makers :) Often they are so beautifully designed and it serves as a reminder if you forgot who made your things! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath.....no really i am very intrigued....spare tyres!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool to discover the little mini works of art tacked up all over your work space. I love it!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they lovely? It does amaze me sometimes, the vast amounts of creativity around everywhere! Hope your slump is unslumping and that lovely crafty contentedness is coming your way
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to the never ending tidying of the craft room, no matter how hard I try it will stay organised chaos, I think it's just meant to be that way, lol! I have accumulated a lot of cards too, seems wrong to throw them out when they can be so lovely!
    As for collecting things, it would have to be candle holders at the moment, I seem incapable of passing a lovely one and not buying it. Hadn't realised how bad it was until yesterday when I realised I'd bought two and had nowhere left to put them! I do the same with plants too which is why my kitchen windowsill is like a jungle, lol!
    Hope the slump passes quickly and Mr Pixie is recovering well :-)

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hon, I hope Mr Pixie is feeling ok. I'm sure you are a super pillow-flufferer!!! I adore your collection of cards, they are absolutely gorgeous. I also love collecting them (but not to such a huge degree). I have some pinned up on my craft room pinboard and there are many dotted inside books all around the house as bookmarks. Have a super gorgeous weekend. L xxx

    ReplyDelete