Thursday 26 January 2012

....The slumps..part 3.....

.....Yes i know, I'm still in slumpsville....but it is lifting slowly but surely......Dulcy (at Dulcys doorstep), reminded me that sometimes its good to take a break from things for a bit until the creativity starts to flow again.....so i took her very good advice and sat back a bit and allowed things to just run there course..................so what have i been up to these last few days............lets see..........

.......I hung a painted bird from the ceiling................




.........hung some knitted bunting in the window.......




.......watched a huuuuuge box set of the Tudors......I'm about half way.......i just love this series.....



......found this in the mother in laws attic.....



.....been slowly adding more squares to the woodland blanket.....


.....and have two new books.......though i have learnt a lesson this week........'always read the front cover of a book properly first before purchase'.........i got so excited about the picture on the front cover and then even more excited about the pictures inside the book, that i bought it without actually reading what it said on the front cover...............


......Yes....MASTERCLASS.........'oh'!.........................well thats not me when it comes to sock knitting, i've only made one pair, ....and when i read through it i thought ...'well this is way out of my league'.................great pictures though......................check it out..........





......and then there's this one for crochet......
......complete crochet heaven......






......I think for the time being, i shall just be crocheting away at the 'woodland blanket', and not think about starting anything new until my slumpiness lifts..............i just hope that i don't bore you all senseless with never ending progress of the woodland blanket,.......so tah tah for now, and see you all real soon........hugs Pixie xxxxx



11 comments:

  1. lot's of crafty lovliness! My favourite is the paper bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!.......:)

    I love your bird.
    I'll be back to see the finished blanket the colours are beautiful.My friend trying to show me how to crochet so hopefully I'll be hooking blankets soon :)
    Are you on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, the slumpies are still lingering huh? Well that's what you say but look at all this gorgeousness in your post hon!!! Maybe you need a wee wander in a wool shop to get inspired. If all else fails, buy new shoes - I find that always helps whenever I have a problem of any kind!!! I'm off with the children to have a pre-birthday lunch with my mum today. It's cloudy and brrrr so it will be a good day to wander the shops and have a lovely lunch treat with the small folk. I'm feeling the urge for more colour so some cheapy treats might have to be sought out. Have a wonderful weekend gorgeous girl. See you again soon. Leah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the slumps soon pass.
    Love the hanging paper bird, and that beautiful book you found. Wow to the sock book...would love to wear socks like that. Your crochet squares look amazing...I have never learnt crochet...shame on me.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. January always brings slumps to me too. But then I get something lovely in the mail like my little felted ring. It's so sweet! Thanks so much! I agree with Dulcy, though...sometimes just resting or chilling out with something easy can bring the muse back.
    Spring is coming!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you can always work your way up to the masterclass book ...Hope the slummpys go away soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pixie, I did the same thing with the exact same sock book! I know, the clue's in the title... but I went ahead and bought it in great excitement, then thought ah. Maybe later :D and bought the "Socks: getting started" book she wrote ;)
    Have just seen your picture of your knitted lampshade - it is just gorgeous!!! Did you make it up or is it from a book or maybe from the wonderful Ravelry? I want to make one!
    Thank you for your comments about the little holes - I shall now look at them with pride.
    Hope the slumpiness slumps off soon - I like Leah's idea of new shoes!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pixie
    About your lamp shade - is it ok if I post your photo on my blog (with a link to yours of course)? I love it so much, and I think other people would feel inspired too. Let me know - I won't do it without your agreement.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello

    i've been doing a bit of blog hopping today and am fortunate enough to have found your lovely home here. i'm now following your blog so that i can find my way back again :)

    warm wishes x

    sumea

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh.... those books look like heaven! I do agree that the socks are fab, but would be difficult. I'm wondering if a person could crochet a nifty little edge to simple knitted socks. Looks like your slumpy days are coming to an end!
    xo
    dulcy

    ps.... that knitted lampshade is so awesome. I can see it as I comment, and can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh the slumps - I hate them. So hard to shake off but they will go soon. I almost find it hard to imagine how you can have the slumps looking at your gorgeous blog. I am totally LOVING your knitted lampshade - I so must tell my knitting ladies about it - it's fab! I find a big pile of magazines or an hour or two on pinterest generally gets me out of my slumps ... that and a nice coffee and a slice of cake :O) Hope they go soon as I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what other delights you post on your lovely blog soon x

    ReplyDelete