Sunday 12 February 2012

......Granny love......

....Well , my woodland blanket is coming along very slowly, this is one of those projects that just keeps me simmering along when there are gaps in my day or simply just something i can keep coming back to as the mood takes me.........i do like to have an ongoing piece of work to pick up here and there, in between all the other projects that i start.................

......Before i show you where i am at with my blanket i just have to show you my ''big bag'' of absolutely scrummy yummy shetland wool that i am crocheting it in....whenever i see this bag i just want to dive into it and surround myself in all the woolly loveliness.........ahhhhhh, it just makes me smile looking at it..............................................



......anyway, enough of that nonsense..........here's the woodland blanket to date......


.....I'm not attaching these squares together yet, as i still can't decide whether to have a plain square in the centre of each block of nine.......I may even put something else in the centre of these plain ones.......I just don't know..........and you have probably noticed the added triangle on the end......these I am knitting along the outside edge of the blanket to give a sort of bunting edging to it...........


.....all I'm doing is picking up the stitches along the edge with a double pointed needle and then knitting in simple garter stitch to give it some interest......




.....this blanket i am doing slowly, i am in no rush to get this finished i just hope to have it done for next winter..................

........however.......

.......this, i am rushing through, i am just '''lovin'''' every second of this next item.....

......So.....going back to the title of 'Granny love'.......i have wanted to do a great big, squidgy, yummy, colourful gigantic granny square blanket for a long time.......and i have now got round to starting one.....( yet another project started along with about a hundred others ), but this one right now is making me just sooooo happy...........


...This one's called my Pixie blanket....

....Ohh this just ''excites'' me so much,, lots and lots of simple granny goodness.......I'm obsessed with it, every spare minute i pick it up and churn out another round.......

......I tipped out all my easy wool onto the floor about a week ago, ..'easy wool', is my term i use for my stash of Acrylic wool mix yarn....you know the easy peasy yarn that you can throw in a washing machine without any worries and that the cat can sleep on and things can be spilt on it without any worries.....you know the stuff I'm talking about.....
......do you wanna see  my easy yarn.....

.....lots and lots and lots of yarny yumminess......all the granny squares are crocheted with twelve rounds of the easy peasy yarn with a 3.5 hook.......i really want this finished for summer, so we can take it out on trips to the beach or simply wrap a small grand child up in it...........

.......Bye for now.....
.....I am on holiday all this next week YaaaaaaaY, so i shall be posting often during my break......
Pixie
x


8 comments:

  1. lovely yarny love, fantastic woolly colours and great hooky squares- really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...I love both blankets. There is something about wool isn't there...it's just scrumptious.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "just something i can keep coming back to as the mood takes me.........i do like to have an ongoing piece of work to pick up here and there, in between all the other projects that i start"

    Yes I know what you mean, I'm like that with my quilts.
    Your work is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You clever chicken - what a brilliant idea to add knitting to your totally gorgeous woodland blanket!! I love it so much. And I'm beyond pleased that we are now blanket twins!! The one I'm working on right now is also 12 rounds and I'm loving every second of it even if it is a fairly mindless pattern. There is something ridiculously comforting about a granny square don't you think? Yours looks absolutely beautiful which of course is to to be expected coming from you hon. Have a fabulous week off! I can't wait to hear what you get up to.

    Leah
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all those granny squares.....
    I really want to make some but I am trying to finish a couple of things. So boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes, I could just jump in that bag of yummy yarn :) You know you're amongst friends when you can say that without feeling embarrassed :D And I love the idea of the knitted border - the green-blue shawl I'm making which I'm designing myself is knitted, but I'm planning a crochet border, so it's the same idea as yours but in reverse!
    And your Pixie blanket is looking gorgeous too!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the woodland blanket! What gorgeous colors!!! I could see this lying on the back of a sofa, in a wooden cottage in the middle of a big forest, by a lake or something :) Just absolutely stunning.
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete