Tuesday 14 February 2012

....Lay ins and hot baths.....

.....I have to say.. i have no way of describing to you, the absolute joy and pleasure of not having to get up at six o'clock in the morning ,, its bliss ,,in fact, i am still waking at that ridiculous time but then i am making myself go back to sleep for a couple more hours......then i get up.....make a mug of tea, run myself a lovely hot bath and then relax in the tub with a copy of Mollie makes...............deep deep bliss..........

.......And of course that added bonus of staying in my little 'crafte nook' all day making , creating ,  and finishing, ( well, attempting to finish ), countless started projects.............like this one.....................


.......You may remember back in Autumn i knitted myself a ''Ships and seaside'' snood........this one here....................................................................


 All knitted with 'Rowan kid classic' super soft yarn....well,,, after i had finished it i had a couple of balls left plus a few odd remnants of other woolie projects...............so ,,with my favourite round knitting needles i knitted a Whopping huge loose bag, then i........shoved it in the washing machine on a hot wash with an old bath towel........................................................................................................................................................
..................................................and now i have somewhere to keep my 'cotton yarn stash'....................




......TaDahhhhhh......

.....gOSh its good to finally finish one of the many half started projects....and i am quite pleased with it......seeing as i have Never felted something like this before............i think i can feel more of this to be attempted later in the year..........and its a very good way of using up spare balls of yarn.......

......Also my lovelies you can now also find me on Pinterest....there is a link to my boards at the top of the page just under the banner on the right hand side.....if you are on Pinterest too then please drop me a line, i would love to come and visit....

.....Mr Pixie and I are of to London tomorrow to hang out in our favourite places , eat our favourite food then on to see a play.....i will tell you all about it on Thursday......
.......Hugs Pixie....

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like bliss. I have a vacation starting next week...I'll be crafting away too. Have a ball in London. I love that felted basket!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought hmm this sounds like me, until I got to the bit where you got up. At that point 2 hairy critters start to yelp and spin as they anticipate their morning walk. No leisurely bath for me, but it all sounds heavenly :-)
    Enjoy the "big smoke"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh what a great idea! my stash just keeps gowing and at the moment have five different homes and now i am into felting i have wool rovings taking over as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great container for yarn!
    Lovely snood...great self portrait...what a beautiful eye!
    Have a wonderful trip to London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahhh that sounds like and absolutely perfect way to spend your days! I hope you're having a truly fabulous time in London. Can't wait to hear what you get up to!! Enjoy the rest of your week gorgeous girl. Cripes nearly forgot to say how much I love your felted bag - that's so cute. What a brilliant idea!
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stash bag! And the snood too - don't think I'd found you at that point, as I'm sure I've not seen it before. Have a brilliant time in London!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww pixie that does sound blissful ;0)x
    you are so clever i dmire your lovely woolly makes very much, enjoy your crafty nook x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun felted wooly yarn container!
    Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete